Friday, July 11, 2008


From 3/19/08:


HAMMER TIME!!


Wanna feel really terrific?? Then do what I just did. About fifty different websites say, the simplest way to protect your security when you recycle your old computer, is to HAMMER THE BEJEBUS OUT OF YOUR HARD DRIVE!!! My hard drive served me well, I know. Even so, I thought of it as revenge. I decided to punish the hard drive for every
$*&#(% “error message,”
every rassafrassin'
“you have performed an illegal operation”
(right. I tried to save a Word document. Take me in, officer...),
all the nonsense these contraptions cause.
“Contraptions?” Are they “new-fangled” contraptions? Do the “youngsters” enjoy them? I guess it’s about 5 minutes before liniment over at my place. And get off my lawn, by gum. The good news: a hard drive is pretty durable.
You really get to release all your anger to get the job done. Running it over with my car didn't even make a dent. I may be buying new hard drives, just for therapy.

No comments: